Eberhart-Major House


Street Address: 732 Lincolnway East

Year Built: 1906

City Ordinance: 3900-9444610

National Registry #:

The Eberhart-Major House, built in 1906 on a farm lot along historic Vistula Road, is a three-story brick and stone variation of American Foursquare architecture. Built for Mr. and Mrs. James C. Eberhart Jr., a prominent businessman who made a fortune with the Mishawaka Woolen Manufacturing Company, the Eberhart-Major House became a Registered Landmark in 1994.

The home was later purchased by Ambrose Major, also an influential member of the community and contributor to Mishawaka's continued growth.