Website City of Mishawka
JOB TITLE – FLEET MAINTENANCE TECHNICIAN
DEPARTMENT: Central Services
SALARY: $24.21 per hour
Perform skilled work in maintenance and repair of a variety of mechanisms and parts of automotive equipment and machinery and do related work as assigned by the Central Motor Manager. Reports to Central Motor Pool Manager or to his/her designee.
1. Hand tools
2. Testing Equipment
4. Power tools
Ninety percent (90%) of the time is spent in the Central Motor Pool garage area and office area. Ten percent (10%) may be spent at other City locations or in the field for emergency repair.
Employee must have the ability to operate an automobile. Manual dexterity to use equipment. Ability to bend, stand for long periods. Ability to lift up to 50 pounds unassisted.
Employee is subject to occasional exposure to fumes, exhaust, noise, vibrations, dust, grease and possible contact with hazardous materials. Possible exposure to all weather conditions and dangerous traffic conditions. Employee may work odd hours or variable shifts.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
Provide general maintenance and preventative mechanic work when possible. When necessary, provide mechanical repair for city vehicles and equipment.
ADDITIONAL EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
1. Inspect, adjust, and replace necessary units and related parts.
2. Rebuild parts for repair and/or overhaul of light and heavy equipment.
3. Lubricate motors, check motor valves and belts and adjust and repair any mechanism that malfunctions including hydraulic and electrical systems.
4. Designs and fabricates specialized custom components as needed.
5. Test, repair and make recommendations to the Manager.
6. Requisitions supplies and parts from Parts Manager or Crib Attendant.
7. Do gas and Heli-arc welding and related fabrication.
8. Operate a variety of heavy construction equipment.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
1. Mechanical knowledge of auto and truck maintenance and repair.
2. Ability to communicate with other employees.
3. Skill in use and operation of various tools, equipment and vehicles.
4. Knowledge of machine shop techniques and equipment, including machine tools.
5. Ability to produce specific parts, tools and mechanisms from stock materials.
6. Ability to read gauges and test equipment.
7. Ability to diagnose mechanical problems.
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Minimum of three years experience in mechanical maintenance and repair.
3. Must possess a valid Driver’s License, CDL Class A or B preferred
4. Must have or obtain own tools.
Resumes/applications may be submitted via email, fax, regular mail, or in person to:
City of Mishawaka
100 Lincolnway West
Mishawaka, Indiana 46544
Fax: (574) 254-0197
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com