Website City of Mishawaka
JOB TITLE – SYSTEM SPECIALIST IV – SERVER ADMINISTRATOR
SALARY: $2,154.17 Bi-Weekly
HOURS: Shifts Vary
Performs a variety of enterprise level system administrative tasks for the Information Technologies Department.
1. City issued workstation / laptop
2. Physical and virtual server and storage architecture
3. Routine office equipment: various printers, fax machines, scanners, copy machines, multifunction printers, voice over IP telephones, badge printers, label makers
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit and talk or hear, use hands and fingers, handle, feel or operate objects, tools, or controls; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to climb, balance, stoop, kneel, crouch and crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus. The noise level in the work environment is usually quiet.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
1. Act as System Administrator in performing duties in association with administering the City’s Server and Storage Environment including File, E-mail, Database and other production servers, department specific applications and systems as necessary.
2. Act as System Administrator in performing duties in association with administering the City’s VMware virtual environment, data stores both SAN and NAS based and data store connections including NFS and iSCSI.
3. Act as System Administrator in performing duties in association with administering the City’s Veeam backup solution for our virtual environment, including onsite and remote site backups.
4. Assists staff in any capacity necessary to accomplish the job of serving the customers of this department.
5. Provides assistance to Help-Desk to support end users as needed.
Any combination equivalent to high school education and/or college degree in Computer Science is preferred. A minimum of 3 years’ experience with enterprise-sized networks. Microsoft Certified Systems Engineer (MCSE) preferred. Ability to read and understand computer documentation and various software packages. Understanding of Microsoft Exchange Server administration and various E-mail protocols, Storage Area Networks, Network File Systems, File Systems and various scripting languages required. Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite & 365. Experience with SCCM preferred. Ability to lift and carry computers and monitors required. Valid driver’s license required.
Resumes/applications may be submitted via email, fax, regular mail, or in person to:
City of Mishawaka
100 Lincolnway West
Mishawaka, Indiana 46544
Fax: (574) 254-0197
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org