Pay Your Utility Bill
Your bill will always show the current amount due and any balance brought forward from last month if you were late. You must pay the current amount due by the due date or the larger amount shown if paid after the due date.
Other payment options:
- Pay at our office (cash, check or money order)
- 24 hours a day you can use our courtesy kiosk, night deposit box, (just feet away after parking on Main Street and using the ramp or stairs) just outside of the office which is located at 107 North Main St., Mishawaka, IN 46544. You can either drop off your check or use the kiosk, secure night deposit box to make a payment by cash or check of credit or debit card. There is a fee if you use the kiosk to pay by e-check or by card.
- Send payment by mail (check or money order)
- Automatic payments from your bank account (EZ Pay)
- To update your banking and bill information or stop EZ Pay, fill out this form.
- Online payments via InvoiceCloud – e-check, Visa, Mastercard or Discover accepted with service fee.
- Online bill pay through your bank (usually a free service)
- Call our toll-free number (866) 288-0515 for use of e-check, Visa, Mastercard or Discover, which are accepted with service fee. Please note: The use of the Interactive Voice Response System (IVR) toll-free number also incurs a separate service fee of $5.70 charged by the IVR system.
You will receive your MU bill monthly and have at least 10 days to review it before payment is due. The due date shown on the top portion of your bill will be the date your payment will be due every month. Due dates are distributed according to the area of property being billed. Our Billing Cycle map shows exactly how these areas are broken down.
Each service will be identified. If your usage is estimated, that fact will be clearly shown.
- If you have electric service only, the bill will show your KWH (kilowatt hours) used.
- If you have water and/or wastewater services, your bill will also show the CF (cubic feet) of water used. One CF equals 7.48 gallons.
- The water charge is based on your water meter size (also shown on the bill) and your usage since the last billing period.
- Wastewater flows are not metered; charges are based on your water usage. Note that wastewater rates have special billing rules for summer.
- * We provide summer wastewater rates for residential customers with a single water meter. We average your water consumption for the months of January through April and use that average as the basis for your wastewater billing for the months of May through October.
Miscellaneous Fees & Charges
Our one-time turn-on charges are $20 for electric and $20 for water services. These non-refundable charges are for reading your meter and setting up your new account in our computer system. These charges are separate from any deposit requirements and will appear on your first bill.
Fire Protection Fee – Each water customer is charged a monthly fire protection fee, assessed by law to help pay for and maintain the fire hydrants attached to our city’s water system. The amount of this fee is determined by the size of your water meter.
Sewer Insurance – The $2.20 monthly sewer insurance fee appears as a surcharge for all single-family residential wastewater customers within the corporate limits of Mishawaka.
Sign up for eBill through Mishawaka Utilities
Reduce the use of paper and postage by receiving your bill via email. See and pay bills when you want from wherever you are. Get email reminders for each new bill and reduce the risk of your bills getting lost or stolen.