Committed to the
Safety of Our Community
The Mishawaka Police Department recognizes that successful crime prevention is built on the community and police working together. The Mishawaka Police Department strives to keep an open line of communication between residents and police officers, including taking an active role in community programs and neighborhoods. It is all part of our mission to be a service-oriented Police Department. Through this partnership, we will work together to identify, prioritize and solve problems in our community and improve the overall sense of safety and security in Mishawaka.
Join Our Team
Interested in joining our team? The Mishawaka Police Department is always looking for passionate individuals to join our force. The Mishawaka community is our priority. If you are interested in making a difference in our community, we would love to hear from you.
Units and Divisions
The Mishawaka Police Department consists of several divisions that all work together to keep our community safe. From our K-9 unit to our traffic division, every unit plays an important role in our protection of Mishawaka.
Police officers throughout our country put their lives on the line every day to protect those around them. The City of Mishawaka knows the importance of remembering our fallen officers and honoring the sacrifices they have made for our community.
Unclaimed Property Auction
The Mishawaka Police Department utilizes the services of Propertyroom.com to auction off abandoned, stolen, lawfully seized or unclaimed property of every kind and description that has remained unclaimed for 30 days or more. This is an ongoing auction available 24 hours a day, 7 days a week. Items being auctioned include electronics, jewelry, clothing, bicycles, tools, sporting equipment and other items.
Additional Law Enforcement Links
- American Red Cross – Northwest Chapter
- Better Business Bureau of Northern Indiana
- Central Intelligence Agency
- Crime Stoppers, Michiana Area
- Domestic Violence
- Federal Bureau of Investigation
- Indiana Sheriffs’ Sex Offender Registry
- Internet Crime Complaint Center
- National Center for Missing and Exploited Children
- National Crime Prevention Council
- Officer Down Memorial Page
- Saint Joseph County Emergency Management Agency
- Saint Joseph County Prosecutor’s Office
- South Bend Police Department
- Suicide Prevention Lifeline
- US Department of Homeland Security
- US Department of Justice Fraud and Identity Theft
- US Drug Enforcement Administration
- US Marshal Service
Forms and other information regarding protective orders are available on the St. Joseph County website.
100 Lincolnway West
Mishawaka, IN 46544
Phone: (574) 258-1678
Fax: (574) 258-1690
Chief of Police: Ken Witkowski, Jr.
Monday – Friday, 8:00 am – 5:00 pm