How Can We Help You?
Mishawaka Utilities will show the current amount due and any balance current on your bill every month. Customers can receive their bills either online or via mail and we provide several options for payment.
Effective September 1, 2023, all credit and debit card payments will incur a 2.95% fee per transaction with a minimum fee of $2.75. To learn more, explore our frequently asked rate questions.
About Mishawaka Utilities
Mishawaka Utilities is owned and operated by the City of Mishawaka for the sole purpose of providing quality electric, water and wastewater treatment services to residents and businesses in Mishawaka.
These three utilities serve a population of more than 47,000 people. Our employees pride themselves on providing reliable utility services at competitive rates and stand by our mission. Mishawaka’s rates for these three utility services are consistently among the lowest in the state for cities of our size. We are proud of our heritage and our community. Mishawaka is more than just a nice place to visit – we are working together to build the best hometown in America.
The Business Office, conveniently located at 107 North Main St. Mishawaka, 46544 in downtown Mishawaka, provides centralized customer service, billing, data processing, finance/accounting and administrative functions for our three operating divisions: electric, water and wastewater.
Complaint Resolution Process
Initial complaints by Mishawaka Utilities customers will be resolved by direct communication with MU customer service representatives or the MU business manager when possible.
- Before filing a Mishawaka Utilities Complaint Resolution, please contact the MU Business Office at (574) 258-1630 and speak to a customer service representative. They are knowledgeable about your bill and can resolve any questions you may have.
- If you are still dissatisfied, ask to speak with the MU business office manager or general manager. They will review the situation and help explain any further questions you may still have.
- When such complaints are not resolved to the customer’s satisfaction through the above channels, a customer may file a formal, written complaint to the City of Mishawaka Utility Board using the prescribed form (Mishawaka Utilities – Complaint Resolution Appeal).
- The board shall review all complaints within ten (10) business days and respond in writing to the customer with its decision. If the response is not to the satisfaction of the customer, the customer may file a written request for a public hearing by the board. Upon such request, the board will set a hearing no later than sixty (60) days after receipt of the customer’s request and notify the customer in writing of the date, time and location of the hearing. Such notice shall be sent at least ten (10) days before the hearing date.
- At the hearing, the customer may present evidence and make arguments in support of his/her position. Any interested person may be allowed to participate in the hearing to present evidence in opposition to the customer’s position. Within ten (10) days after the conclusion of the hearing, the board shall render a written decision to either affirm, modify or reverse its original decision.
Mishawaka Utilities Mission Statement
We are committed to providing top-tier service and dependability in the delivery of electric, water and wastewater treatment services to Mishawaka homes and businesses.
Mishawaka Utilities strives to:
- Provide reliable service at competitive rates.
- Maintain high professional and ethical standards in a courteous atmosphere.
- Promote continuing education for a safety-conscious and well-trained staff.
- Cooperate with and promote our community.
- Provide products and services that exceed customer expectations.