Website City of Mishawka
JOB TITLE – RECREATION DESK ASSISTANT
DEPARTMENT: Parks Department
SALARY: $13.00 to $15.00 per hour
This person works closely with the office coordinator to provide a high standard of customer service. The Recreation Desk Assistant will serve as the first point of contact for internal and external customers seeking support. They will be knowledgeable in all areas of the parks department with the main focus being the Front Desk. Interaction with members and guests is an integral part of this position and excellent customer service is a must.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB:
Performs secretarial duties of the Park Department office.
ADDITIONAL EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Serves visitors by greeting, welcoming and directing appropriately.
- Receives phone calls and answers questions or directs calls.
- Notifies personnel of visitors arrive, directs appropriately
- Assist with rental and activity registrations.
- Assist with filling out forms, and taking fees.
- Assists office coordinator with daily operations, as needed
- Replies to correspondence.
- Occasionally communicates with other departments
Reports directly to and has regular communication with the Office Coordinator.
- Office Equipment
- Reach with hands and arms
- Stand, use hands to operate equipment
- Sit, climb, balance, stoop, crouch
- Talk and hear
In general, in a climate-controlled office. Occasional need to be outdoors when on specific duties per the Office Coordinator.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES:
- Ability to work with public of all ages and levels of interest.
- Must possess good public relations, communications, reading and writing skills.
- Good written and verbal skills
- Good communication and math skills
- Ability to operate basic office machines and equipment.
- Ability to keep accurate and current records.
- Must accept supervision and responsibility.
- High school graduate or graduation equivalent diploma
- Valid driver’s license
Resumes/applications may be submitted via email, fax, regular mail, or in person to:
City of Mishawaka
100 Lincolnway West
Mishawaka, Indiana 46544
Fax: (574) 254-0197
To apply for this job email your details to email@example.com