Website City of Mishawka
JOB TITLE – SECRETARY
DEPARTMENT: Central Services
SALARY: $1,491.43 Bi-weekly
HOURS: 8:30 AM – 4:45 PM M/F, 7:30 AM – 3:45 PM M/F
The secretary assists the office administrator with the day to day office operations of the department under the direct supervision of the Street Commissioner. The secretary also receives assignments from the managers in Central Services.
- Computer/Word Processor
Central Services Department
The employee will be expected to stand, stoop, bend and lift up to 25 pounds unassisted.
ENVIRONMENTAL / WORKING CONDITIONS
Duties are performed inside an air-conditioned facility.
ESSENTIALS FUNCTIONS OF THE JOB
- Types and processes purchase orders; Maintain daily and monthly gas figures; Records all attendance for employees; Records time cards; Receives and relays radio messages; Handles telephone calls; Maintains all files; Files and maintains all workers’ compensation files; Maintains ledger balances for accounts payable; Sorts and distributes mail.
ADDITIONAL EXAMPLES OF WORK PERFORMED
- Assists office manager with daily operations
- Types letters, reports, etc.
- Receives phone calls and answers questions or directs calls.
- Replies to correspondence.
- Communicates with other departments.
- Greets visitors.
- Records receipts and turns them into the controller
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES
- Ability to work with public of all ages and levels of interest.
- Good written and verbal skills.
- Good communication and math skills.
- Ability to operate basic office machines and equipment.
- Ability to keep accurate and current records.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Three years experience in an office environment.
- A valid driver’s license.
Resumes/applications may be submitted via email, fax, regular mail, or in person to:
City of Mishawaka
100 Lincolnway West
Mishawaka, Indiana 46544
Fax: (574) 254-0197
To apply for this job email your details to firstname.lastname@example.org