The Indiana Department of Environmental Management (IDEM) has declared that tomorrow July 28th is an Air Quality Action Day in northern Indiana for Ozone.
IDEM is forecasting high ozone levels due to a significant increase in temperatures across the state and a continued air mass from Canadian wildfires.
Unhealthy for Sensitive Groups
Children, the elderly, and anyone with heart or lung conditions should reduce or avoid exertion and heavy work outdoors. Ozone near the ground is a lung irritant that can cause coughing and breathing difficulties for sensitive populations
Particulate Matter (PM 2.5)
Do your part to help clean the air by taking action!
- Carpool or use public transportation
- Avoid using gas-powered equipment
- Turn off engines instead of idling
- Do not burn trash or other debris
- Conserve energy by setting air conditioning to a higher setting