Historic Preservation Commission Honors Bethel University


Bethel University has been selected as the newest site for the lcoation of a historical marker. Formerly known as Bethel College, the University was founded in 1947 and renamed Bethel University in 2019. Previously the site of a horse farm for a local Buick dealer, Bethel University has been impacting the community for over 50 years.

People posing for picture in front of sign
(l-r): Dr. Gregg Chenoweth, - President of Bethel University; Alan Grzeskowiak - Mishawaka Historic Preservation Advisory Member; Faye Sullivan - Mishawaka Historic Preservation Commissioner; Kevin Blowers-Technical Services Librarian; Emily Sherwood-Director of Alumni Relations; Mayor Dave Wood.

Brown and white sign showing Bethel University as a historic site


The Mishawaka Historical Marker Program was developed in 2017 by the Historic Preservation Commission to identify areas of historical significance that may not qualify as a Landmark. This is the third Historical Marker to be installed. For further information contact Christa Hill, Associate Planner, chill2@mishawaka.in.gov, or 574-258-1625.

Logo for Mishawaka Historic Preservation Commission